Sr. Credit Analyst / Sr. Loan Reviewer
This role provides hands-on leadership to analyze and ensure the accuracy of the bank’s credit risk profile by administering the loan review, credit analysis, and reporting processes.
The position is located at our headquarters in Edina, Minnesota and will report to the Sr. Credit Officer. Though not in a formal supervisory role, the person in this position will provide day-to-day team leadership to a team of about three commercial credit analysts. The accountabilities for this role are as follows.
Managing the annual review process
- Establishes the loan review process or “playbook”, including annual cadence, roles and responsibilities, deliverables, timelines, etc.
- Provides leadership in organizing and implementing the annual review process, serving as the project leader to organize and communicate with participants, establish an implementation plan, ensure deadlines are met and deliverables are achieved.
- Engages with the credit analyst team and lenders to gain input on process improvements and use the input to drive process changes that will result in greater process efficiency and management of the portfolio’s risk profile.
- Ensures each individual loan’s risk rating and that of the overall portfolio are accurate.
Conducting large credit reviews
- Prepares credit committee presentations.
- Provides assistance in the general administration of the loan portfolio.
Training and supporting analysts
- Serves as a subject matter expert and advise credit analysts and lenders on technical aspects of underwriting.
- Develops and implement the onboarding process for new analysts. Recommends training and other professional education to enhance the skills of the credit analyst team.
Managing credit risk reporting/ALLL
- Supports the Sr. Credit Officer in monitoring and reporting of loan portfolio quality – risk ratings, past dues, exceptions, impairments, and ALLL adequacy.
- Prepares monthly & quarterly Board risk reports. Recommends continuous improvement to the bank’s credit monitoring and reporting mechanisms.
How To Apply:
Send your resume with cover letter and wage requirements to email@example.com with “Sr. Credit Analyst” in the subject line.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Fidelity Bank has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
- Education: BS/BA or equivalent in Finance, Accounting or related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Work Experience: Minimum of 3 years credit analyst experience required, 5 - 10 years preferred
- Certificates or Licenses: None required.
- Proficiencies and Skills: Proficient in MS Office products, namely Excel; good interpersonal and communication skills.
The Ideal Candidate:
A wide range of skills is required to be successful in this role, however, you will likely enjoy this position if you possess the following:
- Workload Management – Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Inquisitiveness – Possessing a natural curiosity and drive to find answers to puzzles and problems that provide insight and answers to questions or problems
- Analytical Skills – Ability to collect and analyze data, draw sound conclusions, and formulate recommendations that address critical variables
- Teamwork – Ability to foster a shared sense of purpose, collaboration, and accountability for results
- Project management – Ability to break work down into deliverables and tasks, develop plans and manage resources to achieve desired outcomes on time and within budget