This role provides a first line of defense to ensure financial information is complete, accurate, verifiable, and visible. This position is accountable for monthly financial reporting and analysis, administering reconciliation for all accounts, administering the accounts payable process, and preparing regulatory accounting reports.
Monthly financial reporting and analysis
- Prepare monthly financial reports by compiling and downloading core system data through financial reporting system, identifying and resolving discrepancies, and ensuring proper data flow
- Identifies variances between actual and budget and actual and prior periods, investigates and reports reasons behind variances to bank management
- Maintains data storage system for prepaid expenses, accruals, and fixed assets, ensuring monthly entries are recorded in the appropriate general ledgers
- Administers investment settling process and monthly accounting entries
- Administers the collateral pledging process for investments and loans
Administering reconciliation for all accounts
- Downloads and migrates all General Ledger accounts to a reconciliation spreadsheet
- Reconciles each account with supporting documentation
- Investigates discrepancies and takes steps to make corrections
Administering the accounts payable process
- Ensures incoming invoices get into accounts payable system timely and accurately, including manual routing when necessary
- Reviews and provides base level of approval for accurate GL code assignment
- Conducts monthly reconciliation of AP total expenditures, including spot checks
- Ensures that invoices get paid and are reflected in the appropriate GLs
Preparing regulatory accounting reports
- Prepares reports in support of the annual audit and tax process
- Provides reports and documentation in support of regulatory exams
- Supports/administers the preparation of the quarterly Call Report
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Fidelity Bank has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Work Experience: Previous relevant experience in a financial services organization is a plus.
- Certificates or Licenses: CPA a plus, but not required.
- Proficiencies and Skills: Strong MS Excel and Word skills; good interpersonal and communication skills.
The Ideal Candidate:
A wide range of skills is required to be successful in this role, however, you will likely enjoy this position if you're able to:
- Establish and cultivate trusting professional working relationships
- Effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Effectively review and maintain sets of complex information
- Possess a natural curiosity and drive to find answers to puzzles and problems
- Pay attention to details and follow-through consistently