VP Commercial Loan Officer
Fidelity Bank has an exciting opportunity for a VP Commercial Loan Officer. This is for that person who loves to build relationships and solve problems by helping businesses grow. Someone who understands business, appreciates the needs businesses have and the challenges they face, and can work with a team to find ways to make things happen.
The VP Commercial Loan Officer is on the front lines of growing the bank by developing and managing a commercial loan portfolio, generating new loan relationships, underwriting loans, and providing customer service to their clients for all their commercial banking needs. This requires strong professional relationships and a solid network of referral partners. It also requires a driven, disciplined team player who is also a good communicator, curious, and humble.
The position is located at our headquarters in Edina, Minnesota and will report to the SVP, Commercial Lending & Business Development. The person in this role will be accountable for:
Generate deposit and loan relationships
- Originate new commercial relationships focused on C&I lending and CRE
- Develop and expand a network of business owners, commercial real estate investors and referral sources through in person appointments/meetings
- Attend industry association events and professional organizations to grow the banks market presence
- Develop and manage long-term prospect and key referral sources lists with plan for regular touch points
- Meet with prospective businesses and develop and present solutions, including proposals and term sheets, to address needs
- Manage a commercial loan portfolio with business banking needs of working capital lines of credit, equipment financing, owner-occupied and investment commercial real estate loans
- Develop a plan and touch points to engage key clients every ninety days
- Look for opportunities to cross sell additional bank products and services to existing bank clients
Positive customer experience
- Utilize a consultative selling and trusted advisor sales approach to serve prospects and customers
- Cultivate multiple relationship connections within the bank to strengthen bonds to increase customer retention.
- Work with other internal resources to ensure efficient, positive experiences, minimize frustrations, and rapidly troubleshoot problems that may arise.
- Monitor commercial loan portfolio and client financial data for credit quality.
- Understand, detect, manage and report early warning signs of problem credits to prevent risk of credit loss.
- Work with commercial credit analysts to complete annual credit write-ups and present write up to credit committee
To apply to the VP Commercial Loan Officer position, click here.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Fidelity Bank has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
- BS/BA or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years of commercial lending experience
- Demonstrated ability to generate and close new commercial loans
- Experience managing a commercial loan portfolio
- Ability to underwrite a variety of commercial loans
- Knowledge of loan documentation
- Solid referral network of professionals and trusted advisors
The Ideal Candidate:
A wide range of skills is required to be successful in this role, however, you will likely enjoy this position if you possess the following:
- Relationship building – ability to quickly establish trust and nurture/cultivate long-term relationships
- Creativity and problem-solving – ability to conceive different possibilities and outcomes and find ways to achieve shared goals
- Self-management – ability to organize work, be disciplined in accomplishing tasks, and persevere in the face of difficulty
- Communication – Ability to express ideas and opinions clearly and directly verbally and in writing
- Energetic, curious, motivated, humble