Fidelity Bank has an exciting opportunity for a VP Operations. This role is key leader in the Bank’s operational excellence strategy and ensures the Bank’s front and back office deposit operations are effective and serve the customers in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and Bank Policy.
The position is located at our headquarters in Edina, Minnesota and will report to the Executive Vice President and CFO. The person in this role will be accountable for the following:
- Efficient and effective back office and front office deposit operations
- Driving operational excellence and continuous improvement culture
- Operational risk mitigation and controls and adherence to standards
- Optimizing current systems and software and scout new technologies
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
Efficient and effective back office and front office deposit operations
- Oversee and direct work flows for all stages of transaction processing and document preparation, file documentation, compliance, and reporting.
- Support and engage supervisors to address problems and remove roadblocks that impact the team’s productivity and efficiency and client experience.
- Understand each product, the associated processes for each product and seek technologies and process changes/improvements to support efficient processing.
- Ensure overall accuracy and adherence to regulations and bank policy of the team’s work.
- Ensure process and procedure manuals are maintain and updated.
- Work with stakeholders to gather requirements and define and document new operating processes.
- Understand interdependencies across the bank and risk when changing or introducing new processes and technologies.
- Gain alignment and approval from stakeholders to implement changes and improvements and ensure changes are integrated into daily operations.
- Ensure positive customer experience
Drive operational excellence and continuous improvement culture
- Lead development of current state and future state of operations
- Identify, prioritize, and manage a portfolio of projects to improve operational efficiencies
- Develop measurements and scorecards to manage and align deposit operations area to strategic goals
- Lead continuous improvement culture and serve as a role model
- Train and coach team members on use of continuous improvement tools and methodologies
Operational risk mitigation and controls and adherence to standards.
- Establish processes and procedures to effectively manage and track quality control, reduce exceptions, and ensure proper compliance with laws, regulation, and Bank policy.
- Provide training and resources to the team to ensure procedures adhere to policy; work is consistent with guidelines; and work with appropriate areas to ensure risk management is adequately addressed.
Optimize current systems and software and scout new technologies.
- Understand the full capability of the technology and how it could be used in the Bank’s processes.
- Review work processes and guide the team to identify changes that can leverage technology for improved efficiency and effectiveness.
- Leverage technology vendor resources and support to help the bank take full advantage of the technology capability on hand.
- Stay abreast of industry standard technologies and new developments and identify new technologies as needed to improve.
- Anticipate future technology needs that have the potential to transform customer service or operational quality and efficiency.
The person in this role directly supervises about 2 exempt/non-exempt employees and indirectly manages less than 15 exempt/non-exempt employees. Leaders at this level are expected to set strategy/direction and deliver results for their areas of responsibility, develop future bank leaders, foster and protect the bank’s culture, and create a great place to work.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How To Apply:
Send your resume with cover letter and wage requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “VP Operations” in the subject line.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Fidelity Bank has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
- Education: College degree or equivalent experience
- Work Experience: 10+ years related experience and/or training, minimum of 7 years supervisory experience
- Certificates or Licenses: None required.
- Proficiencies and Skills: Strong knowledge of banking products and regulations: check/UCC, ACH/NACHA, Fedwire, positive payment, remote deposit; Fiserv knowledge a plus; Experience leading in an operational excellence environment a plus
The Ideal Candidate:
A wide range of skills is required to be successful in this role, however, you will likely enjoy this position if you possess the following:
- Business Acumen – Possessing an innate understanding of business and the ability to weigh risk and opportunities against each other and other business concerns to make decisions that will improve business performance
- Continuous Improvement – Possessing a process orientation and ability to identify waste and opportunities for improvement
- Creativity – ability to conceive different possibilities and outcomes and find ways to achieve shared goals
- Project management – Ability to break work down into deliverables and tasks, develop plans and manage resources to achieve desired outcomes on time and within budget
- Teamwork – Ability to foster a shared sense of purpose, collaboration, and accountability for results
- Analytical Skills – Ability to collect and analyze data, draw sound conclusions, and formulate recommendations that address critical variables
- Problem solving – Ability to identify the underlying causes of problems and develop a variety of approaches to either address or workaround the identified root causes